Nova Scotia is starting to re-open and we have the approval to start to see patients in the office! To create a safe and comfortable environment for you during your appointment, a number of safety protocols have been put in place. My commitment to your health care and safety is my top priority as we move forward and navigate this next stage.
Patient Protective Measures
I have stocked up on the necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) as well as cleaners/disinfectants/sanitizer! I will be wearing a mask during our time together as well as washing my hands regularly before and after any contact with patients.
As many offices start to re-open in the professional center, the building management has also implemented disinfecting and physical distancing protocols.
Please arrive 5 minutes before your appointment. If you arrive earlier, please wait in the area outside the clinic.
- Appointments are spaced apart to ensure cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces between patients and to maintain physical distancing in the waiting room
- Please read all signage on the door of the clinic before entering.
- Please come to your appointment by yourself… if there will be someone with you, please let me know in advance.
- Please bring and wear a mask while in the clinic – it can be a cloth or medical mask.
- As I can no longer offer you tea, please bring your own water bottle if needed!
- Please wash your hands at the hand-washing station before and after your appointment!
You will be screened 3 times before your appointment:
- When you book your appointment
- A pre-screening survey will be emailed to you 24 hours before your appointment. This must be completed for your appointment to occur.
- When you arrive for your appointment.
If you are experiencing any new cold/flu-like/respiratory or questionable symptoms before your appointment, please stay home and contact me. There will be no cancellation charge.
List of symptoms and questions:
- Symptoms must be new or not related to a known or pre-existing condition: fever/chills/sweats, new or worsening cough, sore throat, hoarse voice, shortness of breath, sneezing, unusual fatigue, muscle aches, headache, nasal congestion/runny nose, new onset diarrhea/nausea/vomiting, loss of smell or taste, red/purple/bluish lesions on the feet/toes/fingers without a clear cause
- Have you travelled or have been in close contact with anyone who has travelled outside the province or country in the past 14 days?
- Have you had close contact with anyone who has a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of Covid-19 in the past 14 days?
- Are you at risk of exposure to Covid-19 through your employment (essential worker)? Did you wear required PPE?
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation during this time!